Applications are now closed; they will reopen August 2017.
Qualified applicants must meet all eligibility requirements.
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student at an AOTA accredited or developing professional level (master's or OTD) or occupational therapy assistant (OTA) program.
- Have completed at least one year of occupational therapy specific course work. If you are studying to become an occupational therapy assistant, you must be in your final year to be eligible.
A complete application will consist of:
1. Applicant contact information including appropriate membership information.
2. Academic background.
3. Resume including volunteer service, extracurricular activities, honors and awards received, work experience.
4. Essay question: response 500 words max. The essay provides an opportunity for the Scholarship Selection Committee to assess an applicant's personal and professional attributes and is an important part of the application -- please complete it carefully and thoughtfully.
5. Reference/Recommendation Forms: Two are required. Enter the name and email address of two references. One should be a current faculty member or faculty advisor and can speak about your academic ability and the other should be someone who can speak to your character, work experience, leadership qualities, community service skills and your ability to successfully complete the proposed educational program as it relates to occupational therapy. Applications not containing two references will be disqualified. If exceptional difficulties are experienced by references in the online submission process, please contact Jeanne Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-292-1034. Completed reference forms must be submitted by November 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
6. Program Director's Statement: AOTF will email your school's occupational therapy program director to complete an online Program Director's Statement the week of October 31, 2016. The Program Director may NOT complete the Reference/Recommendation Form. Applications are not considered complete without a Program Director's statement. Completed Program Director's Statement must be submitted by November 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
7. Signature: In lieu of a signature, by agreeing to the terms and conditions prior to submitting your application, you are certifying that your application information is true and correct, and you are giving AOTF permission to obtain a Program Director's Statement and to contact the two (2) individuals named for references. This signature also authorizes AOTF to announce publicly the names and programs of successful applicants and to contact recipients for information that can be used to promote the scholarship program.
Applications are now closed.
IMPORTANT ITEMS TO REMEMBER:
- If asked, the Program Key is: AOTF.
You must 'submit' your application by 11:59 pm Pacific Time, October 27, 2016. No changes will be permitted to online applications once they have been submitted. Please review your application carefully prior to that time to ensure that all answers are true and up-to-date and then click the SUBMIT button.
- Program Directors must submit their online forms by 11:59 pm Pacific Time, November 30, 2016. We will automatically send your program director an online form to complete the week of October 31.
- References (two are required) must submit their online forms by 11:59 pm Pacific Time, November 30, 2016.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD RECIPIENTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED BY APRIL 2017. Award funds may be used immediately upon receipt.
Applicants are considered for all scholarships for which they qualify, but may receive only one scholarship per year.